At Dermatology Center of Northwest Indiana, we embrace the latest innovations and newest developments in aesthetic medicine. However, not all great ideas are new. Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy or skin needling, has been used for decades with great success. Advancements in recent years have made the process faster, gentler, and more reliable than ever.
What is microneedling?
Microneedling may be used to improve the overall health, texture, and elasticity of skin. It may be used in conjunction with various therapeutic serums in a process called dermal infusion. The handheld device is equipped with numerous ultra-fine, surgical grade needles. As it glides over skin, the needles create tiny channels in the upper skin layers. This triggers your body’s natural healing processes to increase collagen production.
Who is a good candidate?
Although it may sound uncomfortable, microneedling is actually one of the gentlest and safest skin resurfacing options. It facilitates natural skin rejuvenation without the need for heat or chemicals. Therefore, it is a good option for virtually anyone who wants firmer, smoother, healthier skin. Microneedling may also be used in conjunction with various healing serums, because it increases skin’s permeability.
Microneedling is commonly used to treat:
- Rough or uneven skin texture
- Fine lines and superficial wrinkles
- Acne and rosacea (especially when used in conjunction with healing serums)
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage and signs of aging
Benefits of microneedling
One of the greatest benefits of microneedling is comfort and safety. The idea of numerous needles puncturing the skin may sound painful, but that is not the case. Not only are the needles extremely small in diameter, they are very short. Microneedling is not like receiving injections or having blood drawn; the needles only target skin and do not reach deeper tissues. Most patients describe it as a scratching or tickling sensation.
It is a gentle procedure, and the process is highly effective for overall skin rejuvenation.
Find out for yourself what a difference microneedling can make – call our Crown Point office at (219) 785-8188 and schedule an appointment.
- Microneedling skin rejuvenation treatment available in Crown Point, IN
- Microneedling treatment is the secret to naturally beautiful skin in Crown Point, IN
- Effective acne resolution: Microneedling near me in Crown Point
- Is Microneedling Therapy in Merrillville Good for Acne Scars?
- Microneedling: Recommended treatment for acne scars in Crown Point, IN