Laser Hair RemovalAre you tired of shaving, plucking, and waxing? If so, laser hair removal from Dermatology Center of Northwest Indiana in Crown Point is for you! Our office is equipped with the latest laser technology for fast, comfortable, and highly effective treatment. Our advanced techniques are safe for most skin types and tones, with long-lasting results.
About laser hair removal
The safety and effectiveness of the procedures are dependent upon the skill of the provider. Dr. Garlapati is a leading cosmetic dermatologist in the Midwest. He studied cosmetic dermatology in Miami, FL, where he refined his skills working with the latest technological innovations. He has extensive experience in performing laser hair removal on patients of varying ages and skin tones.
Our Physician Assistant, Heather Upchurch, PA-C, has over 15 years of experience in the use of Lasers for treating excessive facial and body hair, having trained with some of the top cosmetic dermatologists in the Chicago area, including Dr. Garlapati.
Our state-of-the-art laser is highly adjustable, so treatment is tailored to your skin type and tone. The procedure delivers precision pulses of energy to the treatment area. Hairs in the active growth cycle will absorb more laser energy than surrounding tissue, which disables the follicles.
Laser treatment is a long-term solution for unwanted hair anywhere on the body. The benefits of laser hair removal include:
- Fast, comfortable treatment
- Eliminating the need to shave or wax
- Hassle-free, silky smooth skin
- Small areas can be treated with precision
- Excellent solution for people who are prone to razor bumps
What to expect
The first step is a consultation to determine whether laser hair removal is right for you. Older versions of this technology were only safe for dark, coarse hairs on light skin. However, today’s advanced lasers can be effective for treating dark colored skin safely as well. Most people with unwanted hair are potential candidates.
- Preparation – Avoid sun exposure for several weeks prior to treatment. Shave the treatment area immediately before your laser session.
- Procedure – The length of each appointment will depend on the size of the area being treated. During the procedure, you may feel a slight stinging or snapping sensation as follicles absorb the laser. However, patients generally describe the process as comfortable.
- Number of sessions – This will be determined after the initial consultation. For most patients, four to eight sessions about a month apart are ideal.
- Aftercare – Wear high SPF sunscreen or protective clothing when outdoors.
If you’re ready to trade razor burn and stubble for silky smooth skin, visit Dermatology Center of Northwest Indiana for laser hair removal. Just call (219) 785-8188 to schedule.
- Warm up to laser hair removal in the winter — Crown Point doctor explains seasonal considerations and benefits
- Who is a good candidate for laser hair removal treatment in Crown Point?
- Caring for skin before and after laser hair removal: Tips from Crown Point, IN dermatologist
- Doctors in Crown Point highlight the benefits of laser hair removal