Dermal FillersThe art of anti-aging treatments is counteracting the effects of time while maintaining a natural appearance. This can only be accomplished with quality products and equipment in highly skilled hands. Dr. Garlapati has trained with some of the nation's top cosmetic dermatologists, and he is known as the leader in aesthetic medicine in Northwest Indiana. He uses a variety of premium quality dermal fillers for restoring volume and augmenting facial contours.
Our Physician Assistant, Heather Upchurch, PA-C, has over 15 years of experience in the use of dermal fillers, having trained with some of the top cosmetic dermatologists in the Chicago area, including Dr. Garlapati.
Understanding volume loss
Although we tend to think of fat as unattractive, it is an important aspect of facial aesthetics. The fatty layer beneath the skin is responsible for the round cheeks and smooth contours of a young face. Over time, that layer regresses. Collagen production also slows, and the existing collagen network begins to break down. Skin becomes lax and has less support as we age. Gradually, features begin to look more angular, lips become thinner, cheeks begin to look sunken, underlying muscles and bones become more noticeable, and the skin begins sagging and wrinkling. Dermal fillers work by replacing lost volume, filling in wrinkles, and sculpting beautiful facial contours. Precise amounts are strategically injected at chosen areas for optimal results. Because volume loss is just one effect of aging, fillers are often used in combination with other treatments to effectively turn back the clock. One of the most popular companion treatments is Botox®, which corrects lines and wrinkles caused by muscle rigidity. The combination of dermal fillers and Botox® is commonly referred to as a "liquid facelift."
Dermal fillers’ most popular use is facial anti-aging, where they are used to replace lost volume. Fillers may also be used to correct asymmetry or enhance natural facial contours. The most popular treatment areas include:
- Lips – We use Juvéderm ultra-smooth gel to correct thin lips and create your perfect pout.
- Cheeks – Voluma, Restylane Lyft, and Radiesse are thicker fillers, which hold their shape well. They are generally used in the cheek area.
- Under eyes – Fillers such as Restylane can help correct bags and sagging in the under eye area.
- Perioral rejuvenation – To achieve a natural appearance, it is important to restore volume to the area around the mouth, along with lip augmentation. Juvéderm and Restylane are most often used in this area.
- Vertical lip lines – These fine lines, often called "smoker's lines," can be lifted with small injections of Belotero or Restylane Silk.
A younger you is just a phone call away. Contact us at (219) 785-8188 and schedule an appointment at our office in Crown Point with Dr. Garlapati.