IPLIPL (Intense Pulsed Light), also known as photofacial treatment, has made skin rejuvenation and antiaging treatments faster, more convenient, and more precise than ever. Dr. Garlapati is one of the Midwest’s top cosmetic dermatologists, and he has considerable training and experience working with the latest laser and light technologies.
Customizable light therapy
IPL treatment harnesses the power of light energy that is precisely filtered and delivered in short bursts. It is noninvasive, and it can be adjusted according to your skin type and your specific concerns. It is similar in many ways to laser rejuvenation, but IPL utilizes an intense broad spectrum light rather than a single wavelength. The technician chooses the appropriate filter and intensity for precision customization, making IPL an extremely versatile technology.
Are you a good candidate for IPL?
As one of the gentlest light therapy techniques available, IPL is safe and effective for most skin types. It may be used as an alternative to laser resurfacing for patients who prefer to avoid downtime, or those with early signs of aging.
IPL is most often used on the face and neck. It is especially effective for treating:
- Uneven skin tone or complexion
- Freckles, age spots, and other dark areas
- Redness, including that caused by rosacea
- Birth marks, such as port wine stains
- Visible vessels and broken capillaries
Other light therapy options
In addition to IPL and laser skin rejuvenation, we also offer:
- Narrow band UVB – This advanced technology delivers therapeutic UVB wavelengths while filtering out the more harmful ones that are present in broad band UVB. It is an excellent treatment for improving psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, and other skin diseases.
- psoriasis and vitiligo – This system utilizes a single wavelength of the UVB spectrum, which is very specifically targeted. It can achieve marked improvement in skin conditions such as psoriasis without affecting healthy areas of skin.
Whatever your skin concerns may be, you can count on Dermatology Center of Northwest Indiana for excellent solutions delivered with compassion and advanced expertise. Just give us a call at (219) 785-8188 and arrange a consultation. Our state of the art practice is located in Crown Point, convenient to communities throughout the region.